Сonfiguring VDI using View Agent Direct-Connection Plug In.
First launch and configuration of a VM.
The previous chapter: Edge Gateway settings.
After configuring Edge Gateway, you must additionally configure the created VM. To configure, you will need the external IP address of your VDC and the numbers of incoming ports if you have previously changed their default values.
1) Go to Virtual Machines ;
2) Choose your Power On;
3) Wait until you the status "Powered On" appear
4) Open the virtual machine console - "Launch Web Console" or "Launch VM Remote Console". The VM operating system will begin the initialization procedure. Wait for the settings to appear and click Next;
5) Accept the licence agreement by clicking Accept;
6) In the Password field, enter the Administrator password. For security reasons, the password must be at least 10 characters long and contain letters in different registers, numbers and special characters. You can use password generator;
7) In the Enter Password again, enter the password again. You must remember the password. Our system administrators will not be ale to help you with restoring your password.
8) Press Done;
9) Wait for an invitation to log in. From now on, your VM is accessible via the RDP (Remote Desktop) protocol. You set the network parameters for entry (address and port) when you configured Edge Gateway;
10) Log in to your VM via Remote Desktop and right-click on the Windows icon in the lower left corner of the screen. In the menu that appears, select Run
11) Enter gpedit.msc. You will start the local group policy editor;
12) In the left window choose Computer Configuration → Administrative Templates → Classic Administrative Templates (ADM) → VMware View Agent Configuration → View Agent Direct-Connection Configuration;
13) In the right part of the window, select External IP Address and double-click;
14) Choose On;
15) In the field External IP Address enter the external address of your VDC;
16) Press ОК;
17) IF YOU HAVE CHANGED the default values of external ports (see the second part of the manual), you need to add additional values in the local group policy editor. You must set the external port numbers in the following items:
a) HTTPS Port Number – set the value of the external port number from which the port is forwarded 443 TCP на Edge Gateway;
b) External PCoIP port – set the value of the external port number from which the port is forwarded 4172 TCP и UDP на Edge Gateway;
c) External RDP port – set the value of the external port number from which the port is forwarded 3389 TCP на Edge Gateway;
d) External Framework Channel port – set the value of the external port number from which the port is forwarded 32111 TCP на Edge Gateway;
18) Changing the above parameters is a similar procedure. Let me demonstrate the example of External RDP port;
a) Choose On;
b) Enter the external number of the corresponding port;
c) Press ОК;
19) Close the local group policy editor and restart the VM.
Continue reading in Chapter 4. Setting up the client's software.
Have you tried "Remote desktop service (VDI)" by Cloud4Y?
Send a request and receive a 10-days free trial.